Thursday, June 17, 2010

Monterey Bay Aquarium

So while we were in California for the wedding we were also able to go to the Monterey Aquarium, and it was so much fun. I love how children are excited by the littlest things and Addie seemed to have a blast looking at all the fish. Her reactions were priceless.


There is an area at the very beginning of the aquarium where the tide comes in and over a glass walk way. Addie love it and we could barely pull her away to go see anything else.





The jellyfish were awesome. I love seeing all the different kinds and just watching them squish around.


One of my favorite aquatic species are sea horses. They are just so interesting to me. I love how they have these tiny fins but they still zip around pretty darn fast. There were baby ones smaller than my thumb nail and these particular guys are called sea dragons.



The Aquarium also has a whole upstairs wing with all kinds of kids stuff to play on. There was a tunnel of aquariums for the little ones to walk through, a bounce area, and a bunch of water games to play with. Addie put up quite a fuss when it was time to go. It was worth the drive and putting up with my swollen pregnant feet!

3 comments:

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

I forgot how awesome the aquarium is! It looks like you guys had fun. Next time we are in modesto i think we will take the kids there.

Potters said...

The aquarium looks like it was a ton of fun. Addi is so cute in all of her pictures. I love her face when she is looking at the star fish.

Emichan said...

Those are some great pics, I'm glad you all had so much fun! Her facial expressions are priceless. At first glance I thought Addie was hugging a real penguin, so cute! =)